Beyond the Classroom
We look forward to providing your child with a wonderful extracurricular experience, whether it be on stage, in the lab, on the field, or somewhere in between. Our objective is to provide every student with the opportunity to take advantage of at least one learning opportunity beyond the classroom that will enrich his/her school year experience. Learn more about what makes SAA extracurriculars so unique by viewing our Extracurricular Philosophy.
SAA's extracurricular activities are available to currently enrolled SAA students, Meetings occur either before school, during the lunch/recess period, or after school. Any student on campus before or after school and not under the supervision of a parent, faculty member, or extracurricular leader must attend Extended Day. For more information please visit the Extended Day page. Extended Day is complimentary on days that students participate in an extracurricular.
For general questions, registration issues, or to propose an idea for a new extracurricular, please contact Zach Elkin, Director of Auxiliary Programs, at email@example.com or 847-827-7880.
2017-18 Extracurricular Offerings
Click on each offering to access the description, eligibility guidelines, meeting frequency, registration requirements, and leader contact information.
Please refer to the School & Extracurricular Calendar for the most up-to-date meeting days and times. This calendar is updated throughout the year.
Most offerings require a registration in our online system powered by CampBrain. To register for an extracurricular, please visit the CampBrain Registration Portal.
- Middle School Musical - Spring (5th-8th)
- Middle School Play - Fall (5th-8th)
- Private Music Lessons (varies)
- Basketball - Winter (5th-8th)
- Cross Country - Fall (5th-8th)
- Super Soccer Stars (Junior Kindergarten-8th)
LANGUAGE & CULTURE
- Certamen (Latin) Team (6th-8th)
- Chinese Club (Kindergarten-8th)
- Illinois Junior Classic League (7th-8th)
- Community Problem Solvers (5th-8th)
- Cub Scout Troop 618 (1st-3rd)
- Girl Scout Troop 41508 (Kindergarten-5th)
- National Junior Honor Society (7th-8th)
- Navigators Chapter 128 (3rd-5th)
- Positive Learning Environment Student Task Force (4th-8th)
- Student Council (5th-8th)
- Student Library Advisory Board (5th-8th)
- 3rd-4th Math Club (3rd-4th)
- Lower School Math Fun (Kindergarten-2nd)
- Mental Math Abacus Training & Speed Math (Kindergarten-8th)
- Middle School Math Club (4th-8th)
- Middle School Math Team (5th-8th)
- Bricks 4 Kidz LEGO Engineering Club (Kindergarten-3rd)
- Coding Club (5th-8th)
- Elementary Science Olympiad (3rd-5th)
- Girls Excelling in Math & Science (3rd-4th)
- Lower School Science Club (1st-4th)
- Science Olympiad (5th-8th)
- Chess Club (1st-8th)
- CHESS-ED: Professional Chess Enrichment Program (1st-8th)
SAA offers opportunities to engage in charitable and service pursuits throughout the year. These include collecting goods and raising funds for various charities, participation in Jump Rope for Heart, which raises money and awareness for the American Heart Association, and participation in community service projects.