Beyond the Classroom
We look forward to providing your child with a wonderful extracurricular experience, whether it be on stage, in the lab, on the field, or somewhere in between. Extracurriculars meet before school, during lunch/recess, and after school and available to current SAA students only.
Questions about specific activities should be sent to individual leaders whose contact information is available below. For general questions, to propose an idea for a new extracurricular, or registration issues, contact Zach Elkin, Director of Auxiliary Programs, at email@example.com or 847-827-7880.
Information about the Extended Day Program (Before/Aftercare) can be accessed by clicking here.
NEW IN 2016.17 - DROP OFF & PICK UP: Parents/caregivers must park in designated spaces before entering the school. Parking in the fire lane is not permitted at any time. For security purposes, the front and back doors will be locked before 8:15am and after 3:45pm. Please ring the buzzer at the front or back door and a staff member will grant you access into the building.
2016-17 Extracurricular Activities
We're pleased to offer over 30 unique extracurricular activities this school year. Registration opens on Friday, July 29th for many of the activities.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Meeting Details, Contact Information, and Fees ---> CLICK HERE
Activity Descriptions ---> CLICK HERE
Throughout the school year please refer to the Extracurricular Calendar for updated information about meeting dates, times, and location. All activities will be added to the calendar by the first day of school. Extracurricular leaders share important updates with families via Schoology and email, so please look out for communications once you’re registered. Families will also be notified when registration opens for activities not yet listed on the registration portal.
*Families interested in private or group music lessons for their child(ren) must contact the individual instructor for availability (below).
List of 2016-17 Extracurricular Activities
- Apprentice Librarians (AL)/Student Library Advisory Board (SLAB)
- Art Club
- Basketball Team
- Birding Club
- Bollywood Groove Kids
- Bricks for Kidz LEGO Engineering Club -NEW in 2016.17!
- Certamen Team
- Chinese Club -NEW in 2016.17!
- Chinese Club + Advanced Mandarin -NEW in 2016.17!
- Coding Club
- Community Problem Solvers (CmPS)
- Cross Country Team
- Drawing the Line - Art Class
- Elementary Science Olympiad
- Girl Scout Troop 41508
- Girls Excelling in Math & Science (GEMS)
- Illinois Junior Classical League (IJCL) -NEW in 2016.17!
- Lower School Math Club -NEW in 2016.17!
- Lower School Math FUN!
- Lower School Science Club
- Mental Math Abacus Training & Speed Math
- Middle School Math Club
- Middle School Math Team
- Middle School Play (Fall)
- Middle School Musical (Spring)
- National Junior Honor Society (NJHS)
- Positive Learning Environment Student Task Force (PLES)
- Private Music Lessons - see below for contact information
- SAA Chess Club
- Science Olympiad
- Student Advisory Board
- Student Council (STUCO)
Music Instructors Contact Information
Please email individual instructors for availability.
SAA offers opportunities to engage in charitable and service pursuits throughout the year. These include collecting goods and raising funds for various charities, participation in Jump Rope for Heart, which raises money and awareness for the American Heart Association, and participation in community service projects.