- (847) 827-7880 ext. 408
- M.L.S. Library and Information Science, University of Illinois
- B.A. Elementary Education, Concordia University
- Years in Education: 39
- Years at SAA: 5
- National Storytelling Network Presenter
- American Library Association Presenter
- American Association of School Librarians Presenter
- International Reading Association Presenter
- Central East Asia Region of Overseas Schools Presenter
- Published articles: The Storytelling Classroom: Applications Across the Curriculum; Literacy Development in the Storytelling Classroom; Children Tell Stories; Storytelling Art and Technique; and in Storytelling Magazine.
- Storytelling Lesson Plans published in two new books, Science with Storytelling: Strategies for the K-8 Classroom (November, 2016) and
Storytelling Strategies for Reaching and Teaching Children with Special Needs, (available December 2017).
- Storyteller at state storytelling Festivals
- Founder and chair of YES! (Youth, Educators, and Storytellers), a Special Interest of the National Storytelling Network
- American Library Association
- American Association of School Librarians
- National Storytelling Network
- Northlands Storytelling Network Board Member
- Choral singing, storytelling, sewing and costume designing
- I believe in the importance of story in every subject and for everyone's lives. Stories are what makes us human and establishes common bonds.