Chaperoned Metra Service from Chicago
Science & Arts Academy is accessible to gifted learners from the city of Chicago with our convenient Transportation Program.
We are pleased to offer a daily, round trip chaperoned Metra service before and after school between the Clybourn and Des Plaines Metra stations. The SAA chaperone ensures students’ safe arrival to Science & Arts Academy in the morning, as well as their safe arrival back to the Clybourn station in the afternoon. All SAA students are eligible for this service.
Students depart as a group from the Clybourn Metra Station located at 2001 N. Ashland Avenue in Chicago.
- A parent (or designee) must sign the child in with the SAA chaperone at the Clybourn station promptly between 7:35 - 7:40am.
- The SAA group takes the Union Pacific Northwest train #617, which departs Clybourn at 7:43am.
- The train arrives at the Des Plaines Metra Station at 8:09am.
- Escorted by the SAA chaperone, students board the waiting shuttle bus and arrive to SAA at approximately 8:20am.
Students and the SAA chaperone board the shuttle at SAA departing for the Des Plaines Metra Station at 3:18pm.
- The SAA group takes Union Pacific Northwest train #654, which leaves Des Plaines at 3:31pm.
- Students arrive back at Clybourn at 3:59pm.
- A parent (or designee) must sign the child out from the SAA chaperone at the Clybourn station between 3:59 - 4:05pm. Pickups after 4:10pm will incur a fee of $7/minute.
Families wishing to take advantage of the chaperoned Metra service are charged a yearly fee of $950.00 for this round trip service.
- Parents are responsible for paying their child’s Metra fare.
- Reduced Metra fares are available for students by presenting an enrollment verification letter from SAA to a Metra ticket agent.
Your enrollment contract and deposit must be submitted prior to registering for transportation.
Register for Before & Aftercare, Extracurriculars, the Transportation Program, Summer Adventures in Learning, and more.